~~Miss Potter | Film Review~~



    
Three and a half out of five stars. 

 
Elements I liked:
  •  I loved how Beatrix Potter's drawings came to life and ran about on the pages! Watching them move and her talking to them as if they were real gave the film a charming quality of childlike magic. 
  • I also loved the scene where she was a little girl making up stories to entertain her brother at night. Those types of settings have such a wholesome atmosphere. There's no pressure to be perfect or any other sort of worry. Your only goal is to entertain your audience. 
  • The soundtrack was lovely and had a nice energy to it whenever Beatrix was happy. For instance, I think this is what plays when her book is accepted by publishers:
"The Park" by Nigel Westlake

    I think this was an objectively good movie and I could not find any issues with it, however, I did not love it as much as I thought I would. I definitely enjoyed it, but I thought I was going to fall in love.


        That being said, it was still incredibly sweet and I recommend this film if you are a writer! Have you seen this film yet? I'd love to know your thoughts on it in the comments below!

 

    With love,

                The Hopeful Maiden.  

Comments