~~In which there is an April Photography Challenge (Week two!)~~


     I must admit, the past week the true meaning of "Challenge" has been revealed to me. The artist in me huffs in frustration when the camera shutter's click has faded and I review the image I just captured. I think: "It isn't what I envisioned, how can I make it what I envisioned?" 
    Alas, these are simply artist problems. And sometimes, our view of perfection cannot be achieved in the current project, or... or, my dear friends, it just doesn't need to be. I feel my pictures from this past week are really good. It is just that some of them are not what I thought they would turn out to be. And isn't that one fun part of creating? There are times when you are presented with something wholly beautiful in and of itself. It is different. And it is unexpected. But it is still beautiful. The trick every artist must learn is to decipher when something can and should be improved, and when something is perfectly good and you are just fussing over miniature details. For this photography challenge, I have chosen to lean towards the "ceasing the fussing over miniature details" strategy. After all, the focus of this challenge is more on the quantity of photos than the quality.   
    
    Anyhow, I hope you'll join me today and emit a loud round of applause for my "unexpected, but beautiful" art today!

    Day eight prompt: Letter
I'm quite in love with this one.

    Day nine prompt: Song that feels like a comforting hug
(This was extraordinarily hard to capture! I ended up having to take a photo of my kindle in the dark)
You Have What it Takes by Christy Nockels.
I could barely decide what song from this 
album I wanted to take a picture of.
Every single one sounds like a comforting
hug! 

    Day ten prompt: Book quote
"The one small garden of a free gardener
was all his need and due, not a garden
swollen to a realm; his own hands to use,
 not the hands of others to command."
Good old Samwise!

    Day eleven prompt: Un-jacketed hardcovers
There is something quite beautiful
about hardcovers without their
jackets. I suppose it makes
the books look older, like they're
from a century gone past.

This one is my favorite. 




    Day twelve prompt: Memory verse
Psalm 130 : 3-4


    Day thirteen prompt: Cup O' Tea
I'm so proud of these two!



    Day fourteen prompt: Currently Reading
Another photo taken in the dark.
This book is quite intriguing. I am
immensely excited to see how it ends.


    And that was my second week of the challenge! Upon further review of these pictures, they really aren't that bad. Even my least favorite one is good. Aah, why must the artist be her own worst critic! 

    I dearly hope you enjoyed these pictures, good citizen of this citadel. I wish you a good, art-filled day! God bless you and goodnight! 

    With love,
        The Hopeful Maiden.

Remember, Dear Heart, we are all between the paws of the one true Aslan.   














     
      

Comments

  1. Lovely! I especially liked the "letter" one. Utterly perfect.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Chat with me in the comments below! My only request: keep it kind, keep it clean