~~The Tale of Despereaux, film review~~

 


Favorite line:

 "Despereaux Tilling had no idea he was small. He wasn't just small in human terms. He was small, even for a mouse. But to tell you the truth, he didn't even notice. In fact, in his own mind, Despereaux was a giant."

     

    This is one of my favorite childhood movies and I recently watched it again after many years and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

     First off, I love Despereaux! I love his innate fearlessness and confidence, his love of stories and desire to be "a gentleman." And I love that by his simple goodness he is a ray of sunshine in darkness to some, like Princess Pea, and a source of inspiration to greatness for others, like Roscuro. I also find him to be incredibly cute!

    The soundtrack was also very sweet and though I didn't remember from earlier watches exactly how it sounded, I know younger me loved it even back then. Here's a bit of the soundtrack:

"Once Upon a Time" by William Ross



     Overall, it's a cute children's film with, as per usual, deep themes that mean more once you come back and watch it as an adult. Did you watch this film when you were younger? And have you seen it recently? If you'd like, let me know your thoughts on the film in the comments! (And fun fact: I just found out the voice of Despereaux is the voice of adult Simba from all three The Lion King movies!)


    With love,

                The Hopeful Maiden.

    

Comments