HOPES, PLANS, AND PRAYERS FOR 2024! || New Year, Let's GO!!

 
Photo by Sixteen Miles Out on Unsplash.

 Hi, everyone! Today I'm back to share a few of my goals for the New Year! 

A few things I like to keep in mind when I set goals and pray for an outcome is to remind myself that my duty is to pray my work succeeds in glorifying Him (1 Corinthians 10:31), ensure that He is in what I’m doing (Psalm 127:1-2, Proverbs 3:6), and work diligently (Ecclesiastes 11:6, Proverbs 31:27), but know that, ultimately, results are up to God and what He wills is what will be done (Proverbs 16:9, James 4:13-15).  

So, without further ado, if God is willing, here are a few of the things I would like to do in 2024!

 

1. Finish drafting the book I'm working on

 This is the project I was talking about in my 2023 in review post that I wasn't able to finish last year. I haven't finished drafting a large project from beginning to end since 2019 and I would love to be able to get back into the habit of finishing drafting a new book every year.

2. Always be working on a blog post

I wish I could make a goal of posting once or twice a month, or even, that ever illusive once a week! But it is unrealistic for me. Serving God and then tending to the human relationships around me are my highest priorities, and then there are, of course, the books I'm working on to get them published.
 
Furthermore, I want to emphasize the quality of my posts and newsletters over the quantity of them. I want to make sure I'm speaking life and truth and good things, and that I actually have something to say and am not just posting because I can.
 
And, I will admit that this is very difficult for me to say, lol, as I'd really like to have a post at least once a month.

But what I think I can give is to always be working on a blog post, adding snippets to a draft when I can. And who knows? My hope is that at the end of the year, I'll look back and realize I totally did post two or more times a month! 
 
Regardless of the outcome, I just need to let go of the desire to post so much, since there are other things that are more important to me.

3. Be active in the online Christian blogging/writing/art community 

While I know this is a way to grow your audience and network among your peers, when I first heard of blogging and all the cool things that could happen and people you could meet, I just thought it sounded cool. So, while this is something I do want to do more of this year, I want to make sure that my motive isn't connection for purely what someone can do for me. 
 
I know how you can help each other is an element of networking and even an element of friendship outside of an industry. I just do not want it to be my only reason. 
 
This coincides with me wanting to post here when I have something to say. I also want to befriend someone when I see potential for a good friendship.

4.  Continue to consistently read 

  I don't have an amount of books I want to read, I just want to always be reading something.

5. Watch 20 minutes of a show daily and a movie 2-3 times a month

 Quite a lot of the inspiration I get for my own stories comes from what I see in movies and TV shows, and while brainstorming to their soundtracks, so they're a big part of my creative process.
 
 


And there you have it! A few of my creative goals for the New Year! 
 
Do you have anything you're praying over and putting in the work to accomplish this year? And do you have any clean book, movie, or show recommendations for me? 
Feel free to comment below this post, even if it's is older by the time you read it! I'll always try and reply!


Hope you enjoyed reading!

With love,
the hopeful pen.


Comments