Dearest Josephine by Caroline George | A book reivew

 

 
 
     

Song that sounds like this novel:

 This book was very beautiful and soulful. It was more an exploration of the human condition than it was a mere book for entertainment purposes only. It felt like some of the animes I like to watch.

 

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

 

The writing in Dearest Josephine was just gorgeous, flowing beautifully through descriptions, character dialogue, or inner dialogue. I felt my own writing getting stronger just listening to how she strung words together to create scenes, sets, and to make me feel the emotions of the story. And I loved the idea of having most of the story told with letters, emails, and texts. It gave such a deep realness to the characters and to the tale being told. 

 

And the messages woven in were just so good. I wondered and wondered how the author  was going to end the story, and when I reached the conclusion, I was originally unsatisfied. But then, with further thought, I realized because of the story the author was telling about healing and new starts and accepting who you are, that the way it ended was perfect for the message she was trying to convey. Truly, it was gorgeous. A genuine novel and work of literature. And I didn't even love it in the sense that I'm obsessed with the characters or anything like that. I just feel compelled to admit that this was something really special. And I haven't read something like it in awhile.

 

 

 

Have you read Dearest Josephine? If so, let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below! I always love to hear from you! 

Also, my 3 year blog anniversary is tomorrow!!

 

With love,

The Hopeful Pen. 

 

Comments